Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Play with the food before we eat!

Today I was making sticky rice, and remember those nice Japanese lunch boxes with cute rice animals. And decided to give it a try.
So I grabbed everything I had in the fridge that would look nice, and my handy dandy vegetable cutters.

We made some cucumber and carrot flowers.

Then I notice the tortillas resemble paper, so I could use food coloring pens and scissors.

A cut hot dog also looked useful. And with the cucumber skin I cut cut up the skinny legs.

The rice was shaped in a small bowl, so I could place the details I cut with the tortillas.

And we decided to eat outside, since the day was so nice (and also I didn't have to look at the mess we made in the kitchen).

No comments:

Post a Comment