Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Gingerbread House for Little Mouse. And Printable!

I grew up making little doll houses using newspapers and sticky rice instead of glue.
Now that I have so many different options available, I decided to get out of my comfort zone and make everything in the computer. Plus make it printable, so not only my kids can play with it, but anyone who have a printer around.
After a few ideas, I drew in paper a little Gingerbread House, with a Mouse. Then scanned on my computer (and that already was a challenge).
After coloring in the computer, I made it available to print.
Note: I used the dimensions of two boxes of Jell-o Pudding, to make the house sturdier, but you don't have to use it.
After cutting the pieces, the longest part goes around the boxes of Je-llo, like this:
The other piece with the door was attached with double tape (you can use glue too).
The last part was the roof. I glued it to a piece of cardboard (from a cereal box) to make it harder, but that is also optional.

The last step was to place glue on the top tabs.

And gently placing the roof.
It looks cute for decoration just like it is...
...or you can add a little more. I used some glitter glue I had from the craft store.
It is an extra touch for the decoration, and the kids can play.
I you want to print the house, just click HERE.
I hope you can make, decorate and play.
Let me know if you like, and send some suggestions, so I can make more.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment