Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, October 18, 2015

DIY Hologram.

When I first saw the pictures of these phone holograms, I was so fascinated I knew I had to try for myself.
I found out they are not real holograms, but It doesn't matter, the look pretty and real to me. And the kids are amazed every time we see them.
I first used the idea from a phone app called Vyomy3D. They have the instructions and the videos to play.
So following their instructions,I cut four pieces of acrylic using a CD case, in these dimensions, to use on a smart phone.
The sides were attached with a skinny piece of scotch tape.
Then just play the movie on the smartphone, and you see the reflections of the four images on the four sides of the acrylic.
It creates a 3D illusion, and images are amazing. But it was a little small to see, so I decided to make a bigger version, that I could use on my laptop. And plus, I discovered that there are a bunch of videos on youtube for this, just type hologram videos.
This time I used a plastic container, that was much easier to cut than a CD case. Then placing on top of the screen of the laptop looked way better. But then my husband remembered we had an old bigger computer screen, that could be attached to the lap top.
So this time we went bigger, and we decided to use acrylic to make it stronger. My husband had to use his power tools to cut the pieces(I increased the dimensions without using any scientific method). And bigger was better.
But still very excited with this idea, we decided to make our own images. My husband again saved the day and designed the images in the computer, and made the videos.
This Taiko is the first image he made, and we made available on youtube.
Just place the clear pyramid on the center of the four images (in the dark), and use a different size depending on the size of your screen (phone, tablet, laptop, computer screen).
Cool right?

No comments:

Post a Comment