Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Chocolate Shoes.


My friend Leslie is organizing a Baby Gender Reveal Party for her friend Jessica, and they decided to have baby shoes on top.
Since I have worked with chocolate clay before, I decided to give it a try.
First I had to make the prototype in paper, to look at the dimensions and proportions.
Once I had the approximate sizes of all the pieces, I made the chocolate clay. I used the recipe from Wilton's website: click here for recipe.
After the clay was ready to be used, it was very hard and not malleable. After 10 seconds in the microwave, It was softer and ready.
I used all kinds of utensils to cut the pieces: pizza cutter, knife, cookie cutters, rolling pin and straws.

Then putting the pieces together, I noticed they stick to each other if they are warm. But I had to place a piece of aluminum foil, so the front of the shoe would not collapse. After refrigerated I could remove the foil, because the whole pice gets harder.
And I finished making a pink and a blue pair of shoes.
I hope they will look nice on top of the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment