Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, March 2, 2014

It is time for the Academy Awards.

I usually have the Oscar's party with my friend Dinarte. But this year he moved to Hollywood, so I decided to make a themed snack plate and watch it with my family.
Earlier this week, I made a Oscar trophy in clay.

Then I made a mold using Easy Mold Silicone Putty . It consists in two doughy materials that when mixed together, they become firm after a few minutes. It is flexible, and non toxic and can be used for food. So I covered my clay Oscar with this mold, pushing to get the details.

After waiting to harden, I pulled the mold gently, and it came out with all the details.

After washed and dried, I melted chocolate, and placed in the mold.

So when the chocolate was hard, I pulled out from the mold. I broke the foot pulling, but was able to put it together just slightly melting the area to make them glue together.

Now it is ready to be served, and since I am trying not to overindulge, the chocolate piece will be placed in a plate with healthy snacks.
And I am ready to watch the red carpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment