Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, April 25, 2014

Monster treats are ready.

I started to make this dessert 2 days ahead, just because I wasn't sure how long it was going to take.
First I made a simple white cake using Food Network's Recipe ( I colored the batter different colors). After cooled I crumbled and mixed with frosting, making the same way as a cake pop. With this dough, I made oval shapes and froze them.
Using melted chocolate in a piping bag, I dropped around to make the "fur".

The eyes I made with white icing, with a dot of black food coloring (but you can buy sugar eyes at the craft store too).
The mouth I also made before using melted chocolate, refrigerate to harden, and using white icing to make teeth (with the help of a toothpick). The nose and eyebrows were also made with melted chocolate, using a piping bag.
They all suppose to be Chewbacas, but for me they didn't look like it/him.
So I called them Alien/ Mutant Space chocolate cake treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment