Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Mini lugagge bag for the Tooth Fairy.


My youngest child lost his first tooth, and just because this is one the "last firsts", I decided to make something extra special for this occasion.
I always loved miniatures, and one of the ideas I found on Crafster.org was a matchbox luggage bag.
I had no matchboxes in the house, so I adapted for a bigger version, with 2 boxes of Sugar free Je-llos. I cut the inside parts and made the two parts of the bag.
To make it neater, I cut two pieces of fabric to cover the inside. I used my hot glue gun for this project.
Using a nice print card stock, I covered the outside.
A brown construction paper was ideal to make the parts resembling leather.
The two parts got connected in the bottom with two pieces of paper.
To make the bag close, I used little hooks for clothes, tied to a stretchy string, and glued to the bag.
The glue was covered with pieces of gold paper, and the handle on top also helps cover this area.
Then to decorate, I printed the stamps also from Crafster.org, on this link (it printed full page, so I had to copy in a smaller scale).
The details imitating the seams on the leather were painted with acrylic paint.
So I placed the tooth inside the bag, so Tooth Fairy can carry tonight.
And, Tooth Fairy will leave a letter tonight, together with some change.

No comments:

Post a Comment