
My youngest child lost his first tooth, and just because this is one the "last firsts", I decided to make something extra special for this occasion.
I always loved miniatures, and one of the ideas I found on
Crafster.org was a matchbox luggage bag.
I had no matchboxes in the house, so I adapted for a bigger version, with 2 boxes of Sugar free Je-llos. I cut the inside parts and made the two parts of the bag.

To make it neater, I cut two pieces of fabric to cover the inside. I used my hot glue gun for this project.

Using a nice print card stock, I covered the outside.

A brown construction paper was ideal to make the parts resembling leather.

The two parts got connected in the bottom with two pieces of paper.
To make the bag close, I used little hooks for clothes, tied to a stretchy string, and glued to the bag.

The glue was covered with pieces of gold paper, and the handle on top also helps cover this area.

Then to decorate, I printed the stamps also from Crafster.org, on
this link (it printed full page, so I had to copy in a smaller scale).

The details imitating the seams on the leather were painted with acrylic paint.

So I placed the tooth inside the bag, so Tooth Fairy can carry tonight.

And, Tooth Fairy will leave a letter tonight, together with some change.
No comments:
Post a Comment