Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My first doll

All this time I have been mostly making animals, and never had a chance to take time and make a cute, delicate, girly doll. So when I had a request for a princess, fairy- like decoration, I had to jump into the Internet world and do my research. It is incredible how many, sooo good artists you see. So I did my best to make my own.
Her body is entirely made of polymer clay, the dress is fabric, and the hair is synthetic hair. To attach the hair was very tricky, because each lock had to be rolled in a barbecue skewer and placed in a hair drier for a few minutes, then glued. The flower I bought at Micheals and glued with craft clay.
The two eyelashes are individual feather pieces.
It was a lot of work, but I am happy with the final result.
I love you my first fairy/princess/doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment