Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day, in an easy way.

I decided to make some pretty Valentine's Day desserts, on Valentine's morning, in a snow day. So I had to work with what I had at home, and try to impress.
Lucky I had a bag of chocolates, 2 boxes of instant pudding, milk, strawberries and ingredients for a cake.
My first task was to melt the chocolate, place in a piping bag, and make different shapes on top of parchment paper ( those images didn't come directly out of my brain, it came from Google). I also piped some chocolate on the strawberries.
While it refrigerated, I prepared a vanilla instant pudding, placed half in different cups, then placed a couple of drops of red food coloring to make pink pudding.
After a few minutes refrigerated, I could place some of the chocolate decorations I made before.

Then I made this coconut flour cake from Nourished Kitchen, but you can make any chocolate cake.
I cut half of the cake and arranged some of the decorations.
Then with the other piece I used my heart cookie cutter to make this plate.

All done in the morning, so now I have time to shovel more snow, and hopefully I spend some of the calories from the leftovers I ate.

No comments:

Post a Comment