Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Perfect Hamburger Cake

A few weeks ago I made a hamburger cake for my boss, and people liked so much that my friend asked to make one.
This time I made sure I took good pictures to show how I made, so you try to make your own.
The first step is to pick a baking pan. I chose an 8 inch pan, to make a more precise shape of the bread.
The cake recipe I found on Food Network's website, and the recipe is here: Honey Vanilla Pound Cake.

While the cake was baking, I made a recipe of Candy Clay, then used food coloring to make the lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. To make the shapes, I used a rolling pin to roll the different color candy clays, wrapped in plastic film. After flat, they were cut in four pieces with a pizza cutter. Finally I shaped the edges of each piece using my fingers (tomato, lettuce and cheese). If they are too soft, place back in the refrigerator.

To make the "mayo", I used vanilla frosting, recipe from Food Network: Vanilla Frosting.
After the cake is cool, I cut in half.
Then the cake is stacked: bottom part of cake, vanilla frosting, tomato, cheese and lettuce.

The top half was covered with fondant, mixed with brown food coloring. The sesame seeds were made also with fondant, and a little more brown food coloring.
And here the burger cake ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment