Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gifts Galore!

It is always fun to have Christmas parties at work, but at Animal General they are extra special. They are extremely generous on the gifts for all the employees, the food is delicious and there is always entertainment.
And there is always Secret Santa, and a few people I want to make presents.
For my friend Barbara, who loves the color purple and eagles, I used polymer clay to make her a little decoration.

Mary loves cats, so I made her a pillow. And painted a little wooden house I got from Michaels, decorating with some kitty cats using polymer clay.

And for dear Alice, who came with a sling because of a broken shoulder, I made her a pillow, too. But on this, I used a specific piece of paper from the office she is very attached to, and wrote her a note. Then I scanned the paper, flipped the image on the computer using Photoshop. Then printed the image on T shirt transfer paper (that is the reason the image had to be flipped). Then the paper gets transferred to a piece of fabric, according to the instructions. And finally I sewed the pillow, as regular.

Christmas are always fun, but people appreciating what I make, is a the greatest gift I can ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment