Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Cookies for School.

This year I volunteered to send cookies to my son's holiday school party. Since I am no expert in baking, I was tempted to go to BJ's and buy a big container of cookies. But I decided to jump in and give it a try. So I searched for simple recipes, with good reviews, and saw 2 recipes the kids could make.
Chocolate cookies are always a hit, so I made this recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies from Food Network.

Then after ready, I placed them in a box, and made a little drawing on the front.

The other recipe I used was these Gingerbread Cookies, also from Food Network. The cookie cutters I used fro my kit I had for Ninjabread Cookie Kit.

In the end the kitchen was messy, and I spent a whole morning to finish everything. But it was worth it, for Mrs. Sommi and her third grade class to celebrate another year that our kids grow and learn. Thank you Mrs. Sommi.

No comments:

Post a Comment