Since everything sounds like a party, how about get inspired on Shark Week from
The Discovery Channel ?
First image I found on the Internet were those gorgeous watermelon sharks, so I decided to give it a try. With some kitchen utensils and a
melon baller, I got the look I wanted.


Then for some appetizers, I used my son's favorite cheese
BabyBel Light. It was just the perfect shape for some scared fishies. I colored the eyes with
black gel food coloring, using a toothpick. The base was made with a piece of styrofoam covered with magazine paper.

Another related item I found is a
fish ice cube tray, at
Ikea for $0.99. The kids had some
V8 juice leftover, so we made the icy fishies. They had fun looking at the water.

. And drinking.

The final project was a surfboard with a shark bite. I used a sheet of styrofoam and used my precious special
electric styrofoam cutter. Then I painted the board with my kids
Art fresco Tempera Paint. After dried, I just placed some stickers I had from my Hawaiian party from last year.
The kids enjoyed and had some water fun in the backyard.

No comments:
Post a Comment