To continue with the Alice theme, I made some of the card soldiers using cardstock paper from Michaels. Then I decorated the bottom tier of my piece, made of styrofoam and cardstock around. Putting everything together, this is how it looked. Just because I was ahead of schedule, I decided to make more details. So I made some mushroooms, and the catterpillar, using also Fimo polymer clay, then after dried painted with clear nail polish.
I glued everything with a hot glue gun.
So finally getting to the edible part, two days before I made the litte clocks. I rolled out fondant, cut small circles with a cookie cutter then let them dry for a couple of hours. Then using black gel food coloring and a paintbrush, I made the numbers and the pointer. Then using gold food spray, also with a paintbrush, I painted around the clock.
Finally the day before delivery, I made the cake pops using my wonderful Baby Cakes cake pop maker. Then after dipped in chocolate I attached the clocks, also using melted chocolate.
And the final product came out, just the way I had it in my head. It was more work than I expected, but it made me happy. And Meredith was excited to bring it to her party, which made me even happier. 










Addendum: Dulce is amazing! - and the mom to be liked the centerpiece so much she took it home for the baby's room! What a lucky baby!
ReplyDeleteMeredith