Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Rice Panda.


It is so nice I was able to find a friend who I haven't seen in over 20 years, and we found out we have more in common than we thought.
Last time I saw my friend Suemy was in 1994 in our graduation for our Veterinary Medicine degree, in Brazil. Now over 20 years later, I find her through Facebook, and she turns out to be an art teacher, and an incredible painter.
Now once in while she tags me on her posts, and gives me this cute ideas to make. A while ago she sent me these pictures with kawaii food.
So today I happened to have a little time, and all the ingredients to make one of her ideas. I made some pandas with rice.
And a sheet of seaweed to cut the dark shapes, using scissors.
I used sticky rice (Jasmine rice) to make the shapes by hand. One tip for the rice not to stick to your hands is wet your hands and fingers with water.

The rice was almost cold, but still tasty.
Thanks for the tip, Suemy!
And today it happens to be her birthday. Happy Birthday, Su!

No comments:

Post a Comment