Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pretty Zucchini Tart.

I had to make a dish for my vegetarian guest, and when I saw that zucchini looking at me at the refrigerator, I knew what was my next adventure.
I remember seeing in an Italian website called Buona Pappa, and they have this beautiful pie with little roses on top, that I assumed were vegetables. So I tried to make it, as best as I could..
I had some carrots from my garden and they looked very appealing.
So used my vegetable peeler to get some slices of carrots.
Next I used the mandolin to slice my zucchini (it ended up to be 1 yellow and 2 green- large zucchinis).
I couldn't roll up the vegetables like in Buona Pappa.so I decided to bake them in the oven at 400 F (200 Celsius) for 8 minutes.
Next I opened a Pillsbury pie dough in a pie dish.
Beat 2 eggs with 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Poured in the dough.
Baked at 370 F (187 C) for 8 minutes.
And started to roll the slices of baked zuchinni to place on the pie.
And a few carrots to spread some color.
Some salt and pepper, sprayed olive oil and baked at 400 F (or 200 C) for 15 minutes.
The whole process took me about 3 hours. And it was approved by everyone.
And I liked so much that I made another one.
Thank you Buona Pappa.

No comments:

Post a Comment