Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Cheerios Chocolate Chip Cookies.

There is always a time when you regret buying something wholesale, because nobody else wants to eat it anymore.
So I was stuck with a giant box of Cheerios, that was already opened so I couldn't donate.
That is when I decided to use it like a flour for cooking, and put everything in the blender.
Just when I thought I was being very original, I took a look on the Cheerios website, and other cooking sites, and everybody has been using Cheerios to make cookies and everything you can imagine.
But here is my recipe, that I just substituted a portion of the flour for blended Cheerios:
- 1 cup of Cheerios (after blended)
- 1 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Beat butter until creamy, then add white and brown sugar. Next mix eggs,vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Mix the flour and Cheerios by hand, and after well incorporated, add the chocolate chips.

Bake in 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes.
You can bake small portions at a time, leaving the dough wrapped and left in the refrigerator.
It is probably not considered healthy, but maybe economical, since I got to make those Cheerios more attractive to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment