Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

End of the year in June

I still get surprised by school calendar and never get prepared ahead. See, in my mind, June is close to winter, school ends in December, and then you have 3 months of Summer vacation. Since my choice was to live in a different country, I had to accept loosing control sometimes, or a lot. So when I saw a note from yesterday, that tomorrow will be last day of school for Anderson, I forced my mind to come up with a plan for gifts for the teacher, assistant teacher, school administrator, and school staff. Thinking that it is a lot of people, eating goods seemed to be the best choice. Having about 10 hours free, I really wouldn't have time to make cupcakes or cookies, so I thought there were nothing shameful by buying those items. But to make it a tiny more special, with a hint of homemade, I wrapped a box with pretty paper and made cards drawing with crayons. And a nice bright ribbon made it even better. Adding everyone's favorite junk foods: chips, chocolate, donuts, and pop corn. Does not sound very healthy, but one way or the other, it is always good to say thank you to people that you appreciate. In my case, the staff at Carrousel take care of my kids very well, and that is a peace of mind for me and my husband. But the next surprise I had was a note from the teacher,and the kids would have a silly party the next day. I took off to Michaels and wondered around the aisles looking for some ideas. Home with a couple of supplies, I got busy. I used a cool spray paint and sprayed Anderson's old t-shirt (it dries faster than tie- dye or brush paint), and glued appliques with silly faces. Then I saw some supplies that gave me some ideas to send his little friends a little gift. So with big pompoms, I tied elastic band around to make a bracelet, used a glue gun to stick big googly eyes. And last I tied one little jingle bell to the bracelets. I think the kids will have fun. Wish I could be there.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yumi! Brigada de escrever alguma coisa no meu brog! Fico feliz que alguem esta vendo. Eeeeeee!!

      Delete