Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Mommy Brain, Scattered Brain, or My Brain.

I could not decide on my costume, and all I knew I wanted to wear a hat.
Just when I was looking at some pictures of hats, heads, I saw a brain.
And that would be my hat, with the description of my personal(unscientific) look on the anatomy.
First I made a model with clay on top of a old plastic hat.

Later in the day, I used a technique that my husband found on line. He helped me with that part.
Using a sheet of a large foam sheet, I placed on a 350 degree oven for about 30 seconds.

Immediately the hot sheet is placed on a suction vacuum, with the model placed on top.

This way the foam sheet will shape according to the mold.

I repeated the process 3 more times, because I wanted different colors.

Then I cut each according to the areas I wanted, and glued with hot glue.

After done I wrote little signs to show the different areas of my brain.

It is lightweight, and people had a lot of fun reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment