Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dog and Cat Bread.

Social media is a wonderful place to get ideas, and hear suggestions, from anywhere in the world. And I love when my friends send me ideas.
Yesterday my aunt from Portugal saw this cute picture of a bread in the shape of a dog, and she mentioned I should make them.
Here in my house we have been making bread almost in a daily basis, and this morning I decided to give it a try.
Since we purchased the bread machine, we don't buy bread anymore, that is why we have to make so much. My husband came up with a saving time technique, and he pre- packs all the dry ingredients.
Inside each brown bag has:
-3 1/4 cups of flour
-2 Tbp of sugar
-1 1/2 Tsp of salt
It doesn't look like a lot of saving time, but I like the idea of making this messy process just once a week. One bag of bread flour is enough to make eight recipes.
When we want to make more bread, we just place the wet ingredients in the machine's container:
-1 cup + 3 Tbp of water
-2 Tbp of oil

Then dump the contents of one bag, place one tablespoon each of Chia Seeds and Flax Seed (milled),
-plus 1 Tbp of Yeast (for machine)

Then I turn on the machine and I have 1 1/2 hours to do other things, and the machine kneads, maintain the correct temperature, and leaves for right time.


When the dough was ready, I had pieces of chocolate, cut up apples, beans from a can, and cut up olives (in triangles), for eyes and noses.
I divided the dough in 8 relatively equal pieces.
Then I modeled as best as I could dog and kitty faces, using beans for eyes and olives for noses, apple for smiles.
And they were baked for 20 minutes in the toaster oven.
To make the bones for the dogs, I cut hot dogs with a knife, to try the shape of the bones. And same thing with cheese to shape a fish bone.
After cool, I cut a mouth to stick one hot dog in each side.

Some of the beans dried up after baking, so I had to replace them with other beans from the can.
The cats I stuck pieces of cheese, to look like fish bone.
It is not everyday that I shape the bread like animals, so the process is quicker.
And the bread is fluffy, very tasty, and even my picky eater eats them.
And I really love make cute creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment