Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Legos for dessert.

When my son asked me to make a Lego cake for birthday, I just wasn't sure if I should use fondant again for decoration. So my husband reminded me of this product that lets you make your own chocolate mold, called Easy Mold, and then I could use chocolate LEGO blocks to decorate the cake.
It works like clay, and after dried, you can use for food (FDA approved). So I mixed the two color clays that come in the box, then shaped it around the Lego toy piece. You only have a few minutes until starts to harden, so have everything handy.
It takes 24 hours to air dry, but I wanted ready today, so I baked in 350 F for 30 minutes.
After cooled and washed, it is ready to be used as a regular chocolate mold. So I melted my chocolate, poured carefully, and left a few minutes in the refrigerator to harden.
They came out nice, so maybe using brighter colors when I make for his birthday, it will look more real.
For today I am satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment