Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Still Halloween...

The town is still recovering from the effect of hurricane Sandy. And with no schools for the week, and streets still damaged, Halloween for the kids has been put aside. No lights and no trick or treaters.
So one thing I could do for the kids was to use the one thing we had home: a pumpkin (or 2). So we decided to carve a pumpkin .I had them choose a pumpkin face, them I cut the design.
It was so much fun to carve it (it was my first time), that I wanted to try a more complex design( I did copy this design but I can't find the website now).
And because we are on a situation that we can't waste fresh and healthy food, I scooped the pumpkins with a melon baller, cooked with a little bit of water until soft,and made a base for food. One thing I can make to feed my picky child is pancakes.



Here is how I made:
- 1/2 cup of cooked pumpkin
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup Mix everything and cook on hot griddle until fluffy.
My ninjas ate the pancakes, and reminded me of how fortunate I am in so many levels

1 comment: