Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Steampunk Halloween


Because I made a jet pack steampunk style this Summer, I decided to make the rest of the outfit for Halloween.
And better than making a mechanical arm is to have a shoulder piece attached.

To start making that, I used material from last year's costume. Mega Man lost his shoes.
I used the foam that was used to make the foot part and bent in the shape of shoulders and arm piece using the heating gun.
Then glued some details around using thinner foam board and tubes from the hardware store.

And the important detail that makes it look more real: googly eyes.
Next is to paint everything in black.
Then to give the nice effect some brushes of gold.
The final part is to glue the gears and little accessories. Some of them I bought at the craft store, but most of them I made using my Cricut.
Then using the same techniques, I painted this foam hat from the craft store.
And used swimming googles, too.
Everything was completed with the jet pack.
And that is my first complete steampunk outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment