Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Monday, October 15, 2018

Baby Cake Topper.


My friend asked me to make a cake topper for her little friend who was turning 1 year-old.
Since I never know how my work is going to come out, I gave myself plenty of time to correct mistakes and to work slowly.
The first piece to make are the eyeballs. I cut pieces of white baking clay and made extra in case they don't come out the same size.
After was baked and dried, I painted the eyes.
After a few hours that I worked to make the perfect eyes, sure enough there was a mistake. I made the wrong color eyes!
Instead of blue I made green eyes. So then I had to start from point zero and made the correct color.
After that I started to work on the body.
After the body was all complete, I went to work in the head.
After being unhappy with a couple of faces I made, I finally settled on one.
And finally I finished with the hair and the details on the dress and the birthday hat.
She does not look exactly like the baby I was trying to portrait.
But I guess it made everyone happy for this first celebration.
Happy birthday baby Noella.

No comments:

Post a Comment