Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Pokemon Mega Scizor Costume.


Pokemon cards are all over this house, and of course my son wanted to be a Pokemon for Halloween. But not a simple one, a Scizor. Not only a Scizor, a Mega.
After looking at other costumes and the pictures, I decided to start from the head.I used a bicycle helmet shape the head part around it, cutting pieces of cardboard and using tape to attach the parts.
After the spikes were completed, he painted in red.
After it was painted, the blue tape was still showing, so I covered the entire piece with red duct tape.
And my son made the part to make it Mega. He cut a piece of cardboard and I covered in black tape.
Next was the chest part, that was easier. I cut cardboard for the red part, covered in red duct tape and used a black foam sheet to make the shoulders.
The hands were more complicated, but I managed to cut cardboard and tape it to make the shape.
*The pictures don't have good quality because I sincerely thought this was not going to work.
Then covering with red tape, connecting upper and lower part with buttons inside and outside.
And leaving a hole to place the hand through.
And covering the outside button with a piece of felt.
I was going to ignore the part where Scizor has a pronounced private area, but my son thought it was important.I thought it looked similar to his taekwondo protective cup, so I tried to shape it like that. I used an old red T shirt and made the black details in black foam. The yellow piece of cardboard was just to place behind the fabric, to make it stiff.
I used hot glue to attach the fabric around the yellow cardboard, and made longer strings to help tie behind and give the same shape.

I tied all the strings behind so it looks rounder in some areas.
Then last my friend Leslie had blue oversized pants that resembled the round area on his hips(or legs?), so we placed it on top of his red pants, and the cup on top.
The wings were made of cardboard, too.
And the entire costume was completed with white fabric to cover his feet.
Halloween comes only once a year, and that is why I like to make their costumes.
But that is probably why I don't have more kids (although sometimes I wish I had).

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative. I found your website sfter googling how to make a maga scizor costume for my son. Most of what I found was professional costumes so I didn't expect to find a detailed homemade version. So thank you for your instructions

    ReplyDelete