Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Owls for ALS

Every year my friend John organizes fund raises for ALS, a disease that took his wife a few years ago.
This year he will be having the Fourth Zumbathon for ALS, and having an auction right after the event. I am attending the zumbathon with my family, and I thought maybe I could bring something for the auction.
I couldn't think of anything dance related, so I decided to make something simple, colorful and happy.
That is why I made this owl, with a welcome sign.
It gave me a chance to go back to the garage and use my scroll saw.
And use my new sander.
After the messy job, the painting could be done inside.
And finally connecting the sign to the owls.
Hopefully people will like it, and have a chance to contribute to John's cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment