Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, June 13, 2019

Willy Wonka Jr. Cake


Today my son and his friends are part of the school play Willy Wonka Jr, and to celebrate I wanted to have a nice themed cake.
My first idea was to make a floating hat pouring jelly beans.

Since I knew I wouldn't have time to bake, I bought a cute chocolate cake from BJ's.
The first step was to stick a chopstick on it.
Then I started attaching jelly beans using frosting.
And worked the way up until my paper hat would cover the jelly beans.
The hat I made out of paper.
The signs I made in the computer and used a Cricut machine to cut.
I placed the signs in toothpicks and used lollipops to decorate the top, using gummy bears on the sides.
My son was very excited and the cake was very good.
I can't wait to see the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment