Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Ralphie the Dog

My neighbor has a cute fluffy dog who watches us from the window and gets so excited when we visit, that he nearly breaks the door to open. She loves her dog and during the Summer, my kids walked Ralphie around the block for some exercise.
That is why I decided to make a little Ralphie for my neighbor Gerdie.

I had some felt in storage, so first I made a little drawing.

Then I cut in individual pieces all the different parts of the body.
The hardest part was cutting the felt, because I wanted to make it small.
I slowly I started sewing, first attaching the eyes using black beads, the tongue and then the muzzle (I made the nose using hand embroidery).
And step by step sewing the hair, the ears and the collar.
Stuffing with cotton to make fluffy.
And sewing all around the body to finish.
It came out more or less like the drawing.
When we went to visit,Ralphie was so excited, he would not stay still for the picture.
But the best part was to see his mom so happy with the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment