Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Box of Noodles Costume.



My son wants to stick with the food theme for Halloween, this time we decided to make noodles.
I started making the box using white cardboard.
Painting the sign in front of the box.
Then glued all the parts together. This was my first attempt to put all the parts together, with the yarn on top for the noodles. Until I realized the cardboard was too flimzy and it was falling apart.
So I took the yarn out and had to reinforce the four sides of the box with foam board to make it sturdy. And closed with another piece of foam board on top to hold the "noodles".
To make more realistic, I cut white cardboard to make the flaps that suppose to close the box.
I folded some leftover cardboard in the shape of chopsticks.
Then covered with cardstock paper, with the color close to wood color .
And this is how I attached the chopsticks, using tape on the top board.
Then it was time to place the yarn to make the noodles. This time I decided first to place white piper cleaners and stick with tape around the top board.
This way I was able to run the yarn around the pipe cleaners and look more realistic.
And in the end I bent the piper cleaners and curled inwards to hold the yarn in place.
To add more color I made some vegetables and a shrimp using felt.
I placed a strap inside so he can wear it hanging from his shoulders.
And it is ready to be used.

It will be fun to walk around in the street like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment