Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Chocolate Cake Mousse, or chocolate mousse cake?


We are in the middle of a snow storm, and I know later on I will have to shovel. So for a little motivation and rewarding myself in advance, I decided to make some chocolate cake filled with chocolate mousse inside.
I first made the cakes in my Half Sphere Silicone Baking Mold. After cooled I used my melon ball cutter and made a cavity inside.
I made a simple chocolate mousse with whipped heavy cream mixed with melted chocolate and placed a scoop in each cavity.

Last I covered with melted chocolate.
After all covered they looked like this.
A few minutes refrigerated they were ready to eat.


I made an extra so my son could cover with regular frosting and sprinkles.
They all looked very tasty.
And should give me enough strength to go outside and clean up.