Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Mini Tea House.


On my visit to Tokyo, I went to a big department store called Don Quixote, that carries all kinds of things you can imagine. Soaps, snacks, toys, kitchen supplies...and my favorite, craft supplies.
And I came across the cutest miniature houses to make. It comes in a form of a kit and you have to cut paper, glue and assemble. You just need a ton of patience and firm hands.

I had my son helping me staining the wood pieces.
And cutting all the paper with the small signs. There was a lot of little pieces to cut and fold.
All the instructions come in Japanese, which makes it harder, but sometimes I just had to look at the picture and try to figure out how to make it.

We worked on this piece for 2 days, mostly at nights when we could not sleep because of jet lag.
But we finally finished the entire house.
We love miniatures and I fell in love with this little tea store.
I can now play with our other mini pieces we brought from Japan.
I can't wait to make more little houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment