Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Taekwondo Cookies

My kids have a picnic tomorrow, and all the parents are bringing some goodies.
I always wanted to use my NinjaBread Cookie Cutters to make little martial arts people. Since the picnic is for Y.H.Park Taekwondo Academy, it would be the perfect occasion to make them. So, I decided to give it a try. To be on the safe side I signed up to bring hamburger bread, just in case they failed.
I didn't take any pictures during the process, because it was such a big batch that I had to work nonstop and I was afraid I wouldn't have time to finish.
The recipe I used is from Alton Brown and it is here on this link: Sugar Cookie Recipe.
The recipe for the icing is here: Simple Cookie Glaze, from King Arthur flour.
Applying the icing is the most time consuming part, the kitchen had food coloring all over the place and at each color more kitchen utensils needed to be used.

Hopefully the kids will like them, and eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment