Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bonbons


It is always nice to bring something if you are invited to a friend's house. And today I happened to have the ingredients for a dessert from a book we just got called The Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook.
The kids get excited to try the recipes, because they use passages from the book and they give recipes from the food they mention.
This recipe is called 1-2-3 Chocolate Peanut Butter Bonbons for Kids.
You just mix 1 1/2 cup of confectioners'sugar, 1 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1 tsp of vanilla extract and 1 cup of Rice crisp cereal.
Use a electric mixer for the first three ingredients until it becomes a dough, then combine the rice crisp. After that we made little balls.
Last melt 10 oz of chocolate to dip the balls. I was surprised that the kids did all this process, without major messes or upsets.
After about 10 minutes in the refrigerator, it was ready.
To make a better presentation, I had only a few baking cups that looked like flowers. I figured I also could used some squares of tissue paper to fold like these cups. The squares can be placed on top of a small round surface. I happened to have a Yakult bottle..
If you fold the sides carefully, it will shape like a flower.
And the bonbon will look nice inside.
I had a pretty cookie tin I was saving, I knew I would need one day.
They taste great and now they look very nice.
I can't wait to try other recipes from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment