Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, March 6, 2015

Piggy Hot Dog Bread

This time I decided to try to make bread in a different shape. I saw a picture of a hot dog shaped like a pig, so I wanted to see if it would work for me.
I first made my bread dough in the bread machine. I used this recipe , but added a tablespoon of flax seed and chia seeds. While the machine was kneading, I cut up some hot dogs and made the noses. I made the nostrils using a straw, pinching the back of the straw when pulling back.
When the dough was ready, I used it to cover the hot dogs.
To make the eyes, I cut olives using the straw.
After placing the eyes, I used little triangles of the dough to make the ears.
After baked for 25 minutes, they were fully cooked, but still a little pale (I think because I placed them on the lower part of the oven.
Some of them looked more like birds (I think). But they tasted very good and crunchy.
I toasted a couple of them to brown the top.
They don't all look perfect, but they made a happy dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Que lindo, o Nana ia adorar!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi Taminha! Voce tenho certeza que vai fazer uns porquinhos lindos.

      Delete