Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Mini Dessert Tray.


One of my inspirations for desserts is the Queen of Cake Pops, Bakerella.
She has a lot of great, cute ideas, and for Valentines she made these cookie trays.
She makes the cookies from scratch, but I was really short in time to bake. So I decided to see if I could find items already made, so I didn't have to bake.
Lucky me I found these Newton Fruit Thins, perfect to make the tray.
I made small holes in the middle, using my chopstick, big enough for a paper straw to fit in (I guess any type of stick shaped tool will work, but I did break a couple of cookies). And to make the decoration, I used melted chocolate in a piping bag.
Like I learned from Bakerella, I inserted a lollipop stick in the hole, then I slid a 1 1/2 inch cut piece of the straw. The straw stops the next cookie from sliding all the way down.
Then place another little piece of straw, make a small flag to decorate, and a tiny pom pom on top.
To make the little cakes, I bought Mini Oreos and Mini Chips Ahoys, decorated with melted chocolate and sprinkles. I was out of time to make other cute candies, so i used some heart shaped candy, and the Oreos and Cookies to place in the tray.,
The kids were very happy when they got back from school, and they played with the cookies before devouring them.
And I had a lot of fun making these mini desserts.
Happy Valentines!

No comments:

Post a Comment