Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

ResGatinhos Cat Rescue.

Animal lovers always get a way to find each other, and my guests this week are very big on this subject.
My cousin and her friend came for a visit to NY. They both happened to be cat lovers, who volunteer their time, money , and energy to rescue cats from the streets in Brazil. They work with veterinarians, get them healthy for a new home, and make sure the new kitties go to a safe environment. They run a non-profit organization called ResGatinhos, which means "Rescue Little Cats".
They also work educating people about feline diseases, how to care for a pet, and try to raise money through donations and merchandise through their website ResGatinhos.com.br. So in honor of their work and their heart, on their last night in my house, I made them a little cat party.

I made these little illustrations to decorate the cake. To download click here.
I also made little banners that I placed in skewers for my falafels, and also attached to straws. If you want to print these banners, click here.
For appetizers I made grilled cheese Catwiches. The sandwich cutters I found on Amazon.
It is always good to meet people that have something in common. But to meet those who go beyond, to help without expecting recognition, is a great pleasure to have in my house.

4 comments:

  1. Dulce, thank you for your kindness!!
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sempre um prazer te receber Milhena! Volte lhogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dulce, muito obrigada por tudo! Amei a cat party, e amei conhecer vcs :)

    ReplyDelete