Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Scary Bird Halloween Hat.

It has been a year that I made my Bird Halloween Hat, and it was such a hit that I decided to post again how it was done.
So for those who want to make their own, I'll show the steps, as best as I can.
First I sculpted the skull using paper clay.
After dried, I painted the piece with Martha Stewart Metallic Paint.

To make the body, I used a foam construction hat from Michaels. After cutting the edges, I glued black feathers using a hot glue.

I saved a spot without feathers to attach the head with hot glue.

To make the eyes, I used paper clay, painted with acrylic paint,and covered with liquid acrylic to make it shiny.

The legs were also sculpted with paper clay and painted with acrylic paint.

After everything together, you can make a fun makeup, to go out on Halloween.

Sorry I had to use myself to take the pictures. Could not get a model for this photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment