Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, September 26, 2014

My Neighbor Totoro.

Once the forecast predicted a rainy holiday, we decided to watch our favorite movie at the moment, My Neighbor Totoro.
Since I was due for a post on my blog, I decided to make some last minute decorations for our snack table.
Early in the morning I went to the store, and saw this spaguetti squash, and it seemed to me it would be the perfect shape for my purpose.

Good thing I had my Wilton Food Color Spray in a silver color.

Since I was in a hurry, I had to use a hair drier before I glued his belly, mouth and eyes cut out from a piece of white felt. For the nose and whiskers I used black puffy paint.
The leaf on his head is made of a piper cleaner.

Totoro's bunny-like friend is made out of a hard boiled egg and paper ears.
In the movie these creatures collect acorns, and I saw the cutest acorn cookies made from Evermine Blog. Her recipe calls for Hersheys Kisses, Peanut Butter Chips, Peanut butter to "glue" them together, and Mini Nilla Waffers.
But I could not find the Mini Nilla Wafers, so I had to make tiny sugar cookies instead.

Some of my sugar cookies came out too big to be on top of the kisses. So I drew some characters in food coloring pen on the extra cookies, and placed them on top of some muffins.

My cabinet had a pack of brown bags, that I could fill with popcorn and Doritos.

And I used my Sharpies to illustrate the bags.


We are all have Totoro fever in this house, and the movie was really inspiring to me, starting with this party.

No comments:

Post a Comment