Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Quick Tea Party.

When you are about to see someone you haven't seen in 20 years, sure you want to make something special. But if it is last minute, no chance to prepare or go out shopping, you have to improvise.
I had a vision to make a cute tea party for my friend Cris, so we could relax and talk. I really wanted those little cookie towers I see on magazines and TV, but my sister found great ideas on the Internet.
So I grabbed my two party plates I had from Michaels, a martini cup from Party City, and one of my pretty bracelets for a little shine.

Then I just placed the cup upside down, placed one of the plates on top (I used some scotch tape to secure), and put them on top of the other plate. And the bracelet on the cup.

I had a few packages of Rice Kryspies Treats, that I cut in squares, and decorated using Cookie Icing.

I also made a couple of cupcakes, and used some Spring Sprinkles to decorate.
And some assorted cookies I had home, using the sprinkles to make colorful

A flower on top, and it is all done.
It was so nice to see her, hear about her beautiful family, and see that after 20 years we look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment