Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bake a Wish.

What I like about Facebook is that people around the world can come together to build something positive, and that's what the Make a Wish Foundation UK decided to do this Christmas.
They asked bakers around the world to show pieces inspired on their favorite Christmas movie, and post it on their Facebook page. The ones I guess they like, they put out a tutorial and sell it online, and the money raised help children and young people with life threatening conditions.
I decided to give a try and hope I can help too, so I chose Rudolph, the Red Nose Reindeer.
Rudolph and the Elf were made out of fondant.

The mountain behind was a corn cake shaped like a triangle and covered with sugar.

And the lakes are made out of a recipe for stunt glass, which is basically water, sugar and other ingredients.

And the trees behind are made of candy clay, which is made of white chocolate.

I hope somehow this can make some kind of contribution to the Make a Wish Foundation, and make a better Christmas for kids around the world.
That makes a very good Christmas for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment