Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Not just another school year.

Every step that our kids take, means a victory for them, and a blessing to the parents. I saw so many proud moms and dads at the bus stop in the first day of school, along with myself, with my big camera and my exploding heart.
So I wanted to share a some of the love in my heart, and make my kids their favorite cake, full of love (and the calories that come together). My little one started kindergarten, meaning I have extra time alone in the day, and I can do whatever I want. So playing with my Polymer clay , I decided to sculpt my kids the way they look now.
I started with the head, and worked through the body. Then making little details.
The glasses were made with a piece of wire and glued with glue gun. Because the glue was showing, I had to paint the whole hair with acrylic paint.

And it is fun for the kids too.
The final boys were ready after baking the clay, then to add more color and small details, I used stickers to put on the t-shirt, an tiny books made of paper.

I also used a Sharpie Pen to draw in the backpack, after the clay was baked and cooled.
Then after all this work, I still had time to make a cake, because my friend Diane took the kids to the park. I used this recipe called Hershey's Perfect Chocolate Cake. It wasn't perfectly assembled, but it tasted veeery good. The kids couldn't get enough, and even though if fed them a lot of sugar and fat, in the end of the day, I am just another proud mama, to see these kids growing and enjoying school.

No comments:

Post a Comment