Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Let's make cake... and play with it!

So I got this nice super hero baking pan for Christmas from my job, and it is always a big hit with the kids.
Just to make a little more nutritious, I like to add some protein powder to the recipe. The final mix came out like this:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of coconut butter
- 1 Tbp of baking powder
Mix everything together and bake at 350 F for 25 minutes. It is more dense than a regular cake.
I had them ready for breakfast, and right when my son entered the kitchen, a commercial of a horror movie appeared on TV. My first thought was to grab one of the cakes and cover his face, and pretend I was making a face mask. Then when the idea came out. I remembered one of the episodes of Brain Games, and they talk about how the brain perceives 3D images. So we decided to try ourselves.
We had a few minutes of laugh making these pictures.
And then we had breakfast together. My favorite thing in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment