Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Monday, May 6, 2013

Cake after school.

Incredible how good childhood memories always relate to food, cake especially.
So for after school snack, today we will have cake (I "healthyfied" a little using coconut butter instead of butter, and white whole wheat flour instead of the white flour)- sorry bakers.
The original recipe and idea come from the great blog Dulce Delight, and the videos make it much easier to understand the process. Even though I like craft work, I am still scared of baking from scratch. So watching her making cake (and making jokes), make look more possible in my mind.
Today I tried to use multiple colors for the pattern on the cake. The hardest part is to make small details, and not in all of them I succeeded.
I also skipped cocoa powder, which made the cake pale. So maybe I won't do this next time.
But it was pretty tasty anyway. I will sure try to make more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment