Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Friday, February 15, 2013

No cookie cutter?

My dilemma is always about buying more kitchen stuff or save money for other more important things. I was about to order cookie cutters online, until it looked like something I could make. So just searching on google, a handful of websites and videos on how to make your own cookie cutter appeared. The most helpful was this one on WikiHow, using a aluminum lasagna pan.
So first I found a picture on one of our kids books, Scaredy Squirrel. The picture of a raccoon seemed to match the colors of icing I had at home. So following the instructions, I was able to make the raccoon shape.
I made a modified recipe sugar cookie, using coconut butter instead of butter, whole wheat flour and spelt flour instead of white flour, and brown sugar instead of white sugar.
The icing I had was Wilton, but I had to put in a little plastic candy bag, to make the hole smaller and so it was possible to make the small details.
I had so much fun, and this opened a whole new door for making cookies with any shape desired. Let's see what the future will bring

No comments:

Post a Comment