Made by hands, expressed from the heart.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Zombie Dog

As Halloween approaches, the pressure is on to make more decorations. With a few plans in my head, one of the ideas was to make the dog from the movie Frankenweenie (or at least the head). I was lucky enough to have my friend slash relative Geralda to help me with ideas on how to put the dog together. So she first showed me how to make the head with a balloon and cover with papier mache made with paper pulp, a technique new to me.
After dried, we put the head on top of a little plastic bucket, and covered with paper clay. The surface of the face became a little bumpy, and I guess to get a better finish, it should be covered entirely with paper clay. But for lack of time, money added to a little laziness, I left like it was. I guess it looks more rustic, which will go with the theme. Then the whole thing was painted with white acrylic paint, details made with black 3D paint pen, black marker and black make up. The nails on the neck were made of a wooden stick glued to a water bottle cap, painted with black acrylic paint and glued with hot glue gun.
Still trying to figure out how to use him in the table, but I have a few days to think about it.

1 comment: